MTM Mini-Traction Machine
MTM Mini-Traction Machine
It is a ball-on-disk type fully automatic traction measuring instrument that can be measured under arbitrary test conditions such as load, speed, temperature, and Slide/Roll ratio. Using a wide range of options and accessories, it is possible to observe the formation process of additive films, low load tests, and wear measurements in addition to traction measurement with a wide range of surface pressure and Slide/Roll ratio.
*Click here to download more detailed materials (English/Japanese)➡ *Japanese website
- This is a ball-on-disk type traction tester that can measure by changing the load, speed, temperature, and Slide/Roll ratio.
- The traction of lubricants, greases and other fluids can be measured fully automatically with software generated profiles.
- Using a wide range of options and accessories, it is possible to observe the formation process of tribofilm thickness, perform low-load tests, and measure wear, in addition to measuring traction over a wide range of surface pressure and Slide/Roll ratio.
MTM is a ball-on-disc type traction tester.
The torque generated when the ball and disc rotate is measured by a transducer, and the ball and disc of the standard specimen (AISI52100 standard) are independently driven by DC servo motors.
The test chamber is heated by a heater cartridge and can be cooled after the test by using an oil cooler (optional).
- Since the disc and balls are driven by independent DC servo motors, it is possible to reproduce a Slide/Roll ratio of ±200% or more by rotating the disc forward and backward.
- By using the reciprocating motion function (optional), reciprocating sliding tests can be performed at a low frequency of 0.15 to 20Hz.
- By using the ECR electrical resistance measurement function (optional), it is possible to evaluate the process until the oil film runs out due to an increase in load using electrical resistance.
- By using 3D SLIM (optional), it is possible to measure tribo-film thickness up to 250nm.
- The optional oil cooler cools down the test chamber after the test, making it possible to shorten the cleaning time.
0 – 75N
0 to 1.25GPa (standard specimen) to 3GPa (depending on the material of the specimen)
-4000mm/sec – 4000mm/sec
Ambient to 150℃
Test sample volume
100 – 240Vac
3D-SLIM (Spacer Layer Imaging Method) film thickness measurement.
Using the principle of optical interferometry, the additive film thickness is calculated from the RGB calibration values of the contact surface.