We create value by applying unique
perspectives based on new knowledge
and technology to the solution of social issues.
We aim to offer new products that will help to solve social issues by pioneering product creation through our extensive networks in Japan and overseas.
Recently, we search and offer products that for agricultural and livestock materials/equipment targeting the primary industry which has scientific data and/or Empirical test data, and propose high-value-added proposals with high-quality products.
We use our engineering capabilities to create new added value.
We introduce highly-effective mycorrhizal inoculants “Rootella®” developed by Groundwork BioAg Ltd. Based in Israel.
It is expected that mycorrhizal inoculants form fungal myceria that help plants absorb soil nutrients and water reducing chemical fertilizer.
we have also offered UV water sterilization equipment for beverage manufacturing, aquaculture, and other applications.
This equipment features exposure level monitoring capabilities that allow users to confirm that water-borne microorganisms and viruses have been thoroughly inactivated.
For total customer peace of mind, our integrated services also include post-installation technical support.
We ensure access to quality foods by supplying safe, reliable, and functional ingredients.
Shima Trading supplies a wide range of ingredients for human and animal foods, including various types of starch, liquid sugars, organic acids, and emulsifiers. We specialize in particular in functional food ingredients used in general foods and pet foods.A key priority is the discovery of new ingredients through our extensive networks in Japan and overseas. We also offer products made possible by our own research capabilities, including the development and supply of safe, high-quality DHA oil produced through sustainable microalgae cultivation. We are able to supply evidential data about the safety and benefits of our raw materials.
- UV Water Sterilizer (HOD:Hydro Optic Disinfection System) by Atlantium
- UV sterilization that does not use chemicals contributes to securing stable catches at fish farms, manufacturing safe beverages, and reusing treated water in sewage. It is expected to be a solution to the recent global problems of food shortages and freshwater shortages. In addition, inverter control reduces wasteful power consumption while sterilizing a large volume of water, contributing to a reduction in environmental impact.
- Fiber Gum Feed
(water-soluble dietary fiber derived from red deer plant)
- Fiber gum feed is a soluble fiber sourced from the sap of acacia trees and is commonly added to livestock and pet food. By increasing short-chain fatty acids and improving the intestinal environment, it greatly contributes to maintaining health. This has led to improved productivity in the livestock sector, which in turn has led to a stable food supply.
- Omegavie DHA400 Clear Algae
(DHA oil derived from algae)
- This algae-derived oil contains 400mg of DHA per gram, and is mainly used as an ingredient in health foods. Proprietary technology suppresses oxidation, allowing longer storage than conventional DHA oil. Furthermore, the raw material is algae, which does not require photosynthesis, and can be efficiently cultivated even in a completely enclosed space. We can help more people live healthier lives.
- Insect Protein
- In these days, when there is concern about future food crises due to population growth, "insect food" is attracting attention all over the world. Compared to livestock such as pigs and cows, insects require less food and water and emit less greenhouse gases, contributing to a reduction in environmental impact. Confectionery made from silkworm and cricket powder has begun to be sold as an excellent protein source that can replace meat.